PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A New Coat

We have been away for the past three days, so there was no sewing this weekend. Not to worry, I made up for it today. I made the most darling coat for my daughter. The Chic Cocktail Swing Coat Pattern and Tutorial from Heidi & Finn is absolutely AMAZING! I had no issues what so ever with this pattern. It was so easy to make. It took me, maybe a total of four hours to complete, and I'm sure it would take less time for me to do another. Here is my finished product:



The outer fabric is an embroidered wool from Hancock Fabrics. Isn't it perfect for little girls! I was looking for a plaid wool when I stumbled upon this, and there was a great sale. I lined the inside with a super soft pink and white plaid cotton. If I had wanted a bit of a heavier coat, I could have gone with flannel of fleece lining, but I prefer lighter weight coats for my daughter. (She is quite the little space heater.) I figured the wool will keep her warm enough with her additional layers. 

This was my first, ever attempt at sleeves. A piece of cake. Thanks Aunt Betty for the encouragement. I can't wait to make the tunic pattern I also got from Heidi & Finn. 

Hope you all had a great day and a wonderful week!


 

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love her new coat. You did such a good job and the fabric is perfect. Can't wait to see it on the little model! So BEAUTIFUL!

chris said...

This coat is fabulous! I can just see a sweet little girl swinging her hips with glee wearing it.

Unknown said...

this is just gorgeous!!! love your fabric choice!

Maria said...

Wonderful! I love it. I recently made the same coat for my daughter and it turned out beautiful. I love heidi & Finn patterns

Anonymous said...

So adorable!

Unknown said...

Hi! I am your newest follower from the blog hop! I like your blog, very cute. Feel free to check out my blog.
Kissingbunniescrafts@yahoo.com
Michelle

Yolanda @ Miss Refashionista said...

Looove this. I can't wait to try it!