PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A New Year Approaching

Christmas has come and gone, and now the new year approaches. This past year I entered into the wonderful world of sewing. In the short time since August, I have learned so much. I am excited to see where the new year will take me. I really want to concentrate on clothing, especially for my daughter. After making her Christmas dress and winter coat I am hooked. I am constantly looking for new patterns to try. I would like to build my skill and understanding of construction to start designing my own. I do intend to continue to quilt, but as I have a love/hate relationship with it, it will probably be sparingly.

I also want to enter back into knitting. I taught myself using YouTube, several years ago, but never really learned how to make anything but a (very basic) scarf. I would really like to learn how to read a pattern and make more intricate designs. Luckily, I will have a whole year to work on it.

I am also about to dive into the world of furniture restoration. I love the idea of turning the old and ugly into something new and gorgeous. I have an old desk in my garage that will be my first project. I haven't decided on the color yet, but I plan on putting it in the kitchen so it may become turquoise. My kitchen desperately needs a pop of color.

Here's a look at most of the projects I completed this year. Quite an accomplishment considering I started in August.

No comments: