PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Scrappin' Sunday

I love scrapbooking. It has been a passion of mine for a while now. I used to do the "traditional" scrapping, but as a bit of a neat freak and organization junkie, the mess drove me crazy. Then I found out about Digital Scrapbooking and became hooked. It is so nice to be able to create beautiful pages and only have to open my laptop. There is no mess to clean up when I am done. Even better, if I get a creative block, I just save what I am working on, and move on to something else. Easy as pie! Actually, there is a bit of a learning curve with Digital, but if you ever want to learn I can point you to a terrific site that has been a load of help for me.

Anyhow, I must admit to not keeping up with my daughter's current scrapbook. My goal is to make one a year, which I give to her as a birthday present. (More for me at this point, but she will appreciate it later.) Waiting until the last minute isn't an option, yet I still put it off. So I was a bit surprised with myself when I put together her Halloween page. Woohoo for one page down! I may try to make it a goal to get one or more layouts done each week and then posting them on Sunday. But who cares about that. You want to see the layout. Well, here you go:


I am very pleased with how this turned out. I highly recommend digital if you are wanting to start out in scrapbooking. It has a bit of an initial cost (photo editing program like Adobe Photoshop Elements is your main expense), but in the long run it saves you bundles. I am always happy to help steer you in the right direction, should you need any help.

Most of my elements came from ScrapGirls.com (a highly recommended site). I did make a few color changes, and I added the Polka Dots to the red paper. Not as time consuming as one would think. I use Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0 for Mac, but am hoping to upgrade to 8.0 or 9.0 soon.

If you are interested in checking out her first book, you can find it here. I designed all the pages (using supplies and some templates from Scrapgirls) and had it printed through Shutterfly. Great customer service. I had a small issue with the first book and they immediately re-printed and overnight shipped me a new copy at no additional charge. AWESOME!

Making

Hope you all had a safe and Happy Halloween!

No comments: