PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, September 3, 2010

Hair Bow Holder

My daughter has quite a collection of hair bows that is constantly growing. (I will make one to match an outfit if needed.) They are usually kept in one of her dresser drawers with other odds and ends, not very organized or easy to get to. As some of you may already know, I tend to be obsessively organized. As you can imagine, the "junk" drawer was no longer working for me. It was driving me CRAZY. I needed to find an alternate site for the bows, and fast.

I have seen Hair Bow Holders online and at many a craft fairs. I always thought "I can make that", but never got around to it. Well I finally have. Yesterday, I dug around in my craft stash and found everything I needed to make a simply Hair Bow Holder.

(Other items used: hot glue gun, jewelry wire and bead for antennas)

This was super easy to whip up. Basically all I did was paint the wooden butterfly, let dry, and then attach the ribbon to the back with a hot glue gun. Any wooden piece can be used, such as a letter.


As you can see with the finished project, I will definitely need to make multiples to keep up with her bow collection. All in all, I am happy with the end results.

No comments: